I am so excited to announce that 21 Flavors of Splendor has been nominated for the Liebster Award by Shannon at Health-ish Foodie. Shannon’s support and encouragement, as well as consideration for this award is so encouraging. I am beyond grateful!
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers, specifically newbies, in order to help create community, encouragement and gives readers a chance to learn a little more about the real people behind their favorite blogs.
LIEBSTER AWARD 2017 RULES:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post, or by having it as the feature image.
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask your nominees questions of your own.
- List these rules in your post.
- Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award
- provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
- If you would like a more detailed list of the rules, click here.
One of my favorite bloggers is Harmony at Momma To Go. Harmony gives great tips and insight on traveling with and without your kiddos. She travels to both near and far places, and gives great insights on both. Her pictures alone make you not only wish you were there, but make you start planning your next vacation.
As a momma who loves to travel herself, I love that I now have a go to place to not only help me find new places to travel, but also providing new information on some of the places I already traveled. Traveling as a family of five is definitely not easy, but with great resources like Momma To Go I have been able to do so a lot easier and have more fun along the way.
10 Random Facts About Me:
- My favorite sport to watch is NFL football.
- I buy sunglasses as souvenirs when I go on vacation.
- I would rather read a book than watch a movie.
- I changed my major in college before school even started during freshmen orientation week.
- I am allergic to shellfish, so no sushi for me.
- My favorite drink is sweet tea. Not iced tea, but sweet tea because there is a difference. 😉
- I have lived in 8 states so far.
- Popcorn is one of my comfort foods.
- One of my favorite stores to shop at is Dollar Tree
- My first real job was at a law office and I discovered being a lawyer wasn’t in the cards for me.
Shannon’s Questions For Me…
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started 21 Flavors of Splendor as a creative outlet. I love sharing my life and my faith with others, and when one of my friends encouraged me to look into blogging that was all it took.
2. How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging for 10 months now and love it so far.
3. What is the most important thing you have learned about blogging since you started?
Just like it takes a village to raise a child, it takes a village to be a blogger. Blogging is all about building community with your readers and other bloggers.
4. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
5. What is a local dish from where you are from?
Since I was born in New York, I will go with New York Style thin crust pizza. It is the best pizza in the world!
6. What is one food that you hate and will never eat?
Liver. I do not care what type of liver it is, I just can’t bring myself to even try it.
7. What food is your guilty pleasure?
Peach cobbler. I would eat it every day if I could.
8. What would you tell a new blogger on day one of starting their blog?
Do not stress about your numbers. Checking your stats every day, much like stepping on a scale every day, will drive you crazy. Give yourself time to adjust and grow.
9. What is your favorite part about blogging?
Hearing from my readers and friends how much something I have written touched them and helped to see things from a new perspective. Our words are so powerful and I’m grateful that my words are touching people in a real and powerful way.
10. What are your hopes and dreams for your blog?
That it continues to serve as a creative outlet for me that I enjoy. I also hope that it continues to be a place where women can find encouragement and inspiration that draws them closer to God and to having lives that truly shine.
I would like to once again thank Shannon for nominating me for this awesome award. I want to also thank you, my awesome readers, for going on this journey with me as we inspire and encourage each other to live fun, joyful and abundant lives that shine like Stars.
As for my nominees, I would like to ask…
- Why did you start your blog?
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- How long have you been blogging?
- If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go?
- What is your favorite fiction book?
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
- If you could meet any person, who is still alive, who would it be and why?
- What is the one thing you could not live without?
- If you could eat one food every day and not worry about the calories, what would it be?
- What do you see happening on your blog in year 5?