The blogging world may be large, but it’s all about community and supporting each other. I am so blessed and honored to have been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Jen at Midday Mornings. I want to start by thanking Jen for such an awesome honor. If you are a mom looking for encouragement in your faith, motherhood, and everyday life, I would highly encourage you to check out Midday Mornings.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma in 2016. She explains the “award is for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they can get.”
I am beyond grateful that Jen thought all this of 21 Flavors of Splendor and I look forward to sharing some of the love myself.
The Woman Behind 21 Flavors of Splendor
According to the rules for the Mystery Blogger Award, I’m sharing three things about me that you, my lovely readers, may not know.
- I fought against writing. Before starting 21 Flavors of Splendor I though I couldn’t be a writer. Yet the more encouragement I received from those who knew me the best, and now you, I am proud that I am really finding my voice and LOVE writing.
- When I found out I was pregnant with my twins, I wasn’t surprised. There are many sets of twins in my family and my husband’s. And when you have already gained 10 lbs at 6 weeks, you know something is just a little different.
- I love road trips, as long as my hubby is driving. I could ride across country in my minivan with him at the wheel and be happy.
Jen also asked me five questions that I’m happy to share with you the answers to:
1. What are you passionate about?
I’m passionate about Jesus, marriage, my family, and reading romance novels.
2. How do you make time to blog?
While my girls are either sleeping in the morning or at school during the day.
3. If you could recommend only one book to someone, what book would it be?
‘The Best Yes’ by Lysa TerKeurst (after the Bible of course 😉)
4.What is your favorite so-not-good-for-you food?
Cupcakes! I love that cupcakes a personalized desserts and come in so many wonderful flavors.
5. When you were young, what was your dream job?
I wanted to be a lawyer because I loved to watch Law & Order.
My Favorite Post
This is a tough one. Yet if I have to choose my favorite post I’ve written so far is Five Simple Ways To Invest In Yourself. It’s my favorite because it forced me to actually look for ways I could practice better self-care.
As a wife and mother, I spend so much time focused on my family that it’s easy for me to put myself last on my list. So while writing this to encourage all other women to take better care of themselves, I was actually encouraging myself as well.
My Nominations for the Mystery Blogger Award
As a nominee of the Mystery Blogger Award, I now have the privilege of nominating some wonderful bloggers of my own. These ladies not only produce awesome content, but they also strive to build communities geared to building each other up.
Only Girl 4 Boyz
Hava gives the best encouragement while also giving you great tips on how to save money. As a mom of three, I’m always looking for ways to save money for my family while maintaining my sanity all at the same time. And I can find all of those things at Only Girl 4 Boyz.
I Am Kenya Rae
Kenya has become my go to for blogging tips and keeping me encouraged on my journey. I Am Kenya Rae not only gives great blogging tips and encouragement, but she also has some of the yummiest recipes.
Kelly makes all those time you say ooh brother in your own life more bearable. She offers great motherhood advice, while all so offering a few much-needed laughs along the way. Ooh Brother also has the best Meatless Monday recipes.
How to Guru
Shan is one of my go-to when I need a little encouragement as a wife. Marriage is not easy and having other wives who support and encourage each other is so important. How to Guru is definitely worth checking out for yourself.
Read. Eat. Repeat.
Jordan shares my love for books and food. At Read. Eat. Repeat. You can always find great book reviews and yummy recipes.
I really encourage you to check these ladies out as we all strive to live more joyful and fuller lives.
Now ladies, if you would like to accept your Mystery Blogger Award nomination and choose to announce your own, here are the five questions I have for you:
- What is one word you would use to describe yourself?
- Where is your favorite place to work on your blog?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you have me time?
- What your favorite snack food that’s really junk food?
- If you could meet any living person, who would that person be?
Here are the official rules for the Mystery Blogger Award. You can also find them on Enigma’s blog. Nominees, please let me know if you decide to continue this award – I’d love to see who you nominate.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and put a link to their blog
- Mention the creator of the award
- Nominate up to 10 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice – with one weird or funny question
- Tell your readers three things about yourself
- Share a link to your best post(s)